Under the Erasmus+ programme, students from SligoCFE have the opportunity to spend between 2 and 3 weeks on work placement with a European partner organisation as part of their course.
Erasmus students receive a maintenance grant, which is provided by the European Commission. The aim of the grant is to assist students with travel and the cost of living abroad. The amount varies from year to year depending on how many students are participating in the programme. The grant is not means-tested and does not affect students' entitlements to other grants, such as SUSI, Back to Education, etc.The grant amount can vary depending on the host country and the duration of mobility.
The Erasmus+ mobility grant is paid in two instalments by bank transfer.
All grant documents will be supplied or emailed to your SligoCFE email account prior to the start of the mobility abroad.
To receive the grant, you must return the following forms to SligoCFE:
First instalment (80%)
1. Erasmus grant agreement – the Erasmus grant agreement will be supplied or emailed to your SligoCFE email address.
2. Learning agreement – fill in the Learning Agreement and sign it, have it signed by the host partner and your Erasmus Academic Coordinator at SligoCFE.
Second instalment (20%)
The remaining 20% of the Erasmus grant will be released upon your return from Erasmus and submission of the below:
1. Certificate of Attendance – at the end of the Erasmus placement, have the Certificate of Attendance filled in and signed by the host partner.
2. Finalised Learning agreement (if you have not submitted it yet)
3. Submission of the EU Participant report (you will receive a link on your SligoCFE email address at the end of your study placement abroad).
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED